What are CEU’s? How do I obtain CEU’s? What are considered CEU’s? Where can I obtain CEU’s?
Below is an explanation of CEU’s (continuing education units). CEU’s are either classes, training or participation in industry related topics. Thirty two hours are required every 2 years for both in-house and professional inspectors.
- Applicable ACCT workshops is your first source of CEU’s. Technical workshops (example Games and marketing workshops would not be applicable)
- The committee will provide a list of what conference workshops are applicable every year.
- ACCT ICE committee approved seminars, conferences, activities and relevant committee involvement.
- Documented participation in an ACCT review team.
- Presenting relevant subject matter at Industry Conference
- Active participation in relevant industry standards development committee
- In house training that is accompanied by a syllabus. Examples, annual risk management training, work at height.
- Third party training on relative to product or system specific manufacturer training. I.E welding, rigging, OSHA, CWA, ASTM, TSSA, AIMS, NAARSO, PPE inspection training.
- Documented mentorship supported by your supervisor.
If you have questions about obtaining CEU’s please reach out to the program department at email@example.com.