ACCT offers two tracks for the inspector certification program: In-House Inspector and Professional Inspector. Both Certifications are valid for two years.
In-House Inspectors are those individuals who are providing Pre-Use, Periodic, and internal inspections for the company they are employed through.
Professional Inspectors are those individuals that work for a company that has the appropriate insurance to provide Professional, Annual, and Acceptance inspections.
Please make sure you understand the difference between the two types of inspection certifications ACCT has to offer. Read through the eligibility before applying.
Before you apply, know these certifications will not supersede any state or provincial law that requires third-party independent inspection, insurance requirements for such, or any de facto standard (ex. ISO that requires additional duties be performed or documented by inspection body).
ACCT Certified Inspectors must comply with ACCT Code of Ethics during their certification as set forth below: Be free of bias with regards to religion, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, and disability
- Be free of bias with regards to religion, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, and disability
- Place the safety and well-being of users and workers associated with challenge course operations above all other considerations
- Protect nearby general public property and the environment
- Alert management of any safety concerns relating to the inspection being performed
- Will not knowingly violate safety-related regulations, warnings, or instructions set forth by OSHA or other relevant Government Safety Standards
- Will not misrepresent or knowingly deceive others concerning their experience or capabilities in conducting challenge course inspections
- Will not misrepresent or misuse their certification card or the ACCT logo, both of which are the property of ACCT; the inspector must return the card to ACCT immediately if required to do so
- Follow all other aspects of the ACCT Code of Ethics.
***ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF NOVEMBER 10th, 2021***