As a part of the certification, an inspector is required to participate in continuing education. CEUs are units that are awarded to training or participation in industry-related topics. 32 CEUs are needed to apply for a 2-year and 4-year renewal. Below are ways you can earn CEUs
- Applicable ACCT workshops are your first source of CEU’s. Workshops geared towards games and marketing would not be applicable.
- The committee will provide a list of what conference workshops are applicable every year. You can find these lists below or at the check-in desk on-site at the conference.
- ACCT ICE committee approved seminars, conferences, activities, and relevant committee involvement.
- Documented participation in an ACCT review team.
- Presenting relevant subject matter at Industry Conference
- Active participation in relevant industry standards development committee
- In-house training that is accompanied by a syllabus. Examples, annual risk management training, work at height.
- Third-party training on relative to product or system specific manufacturer training. I.E welding, rigging, OSHA, CWA, ASTM, TSSA, AIMS, NAARSO, PPE inspection training.
- Documented mentorship supported by your supervisor.
If you are unsure if a workshop or course would count toward CEUs, please feel free to send the course information to Heather Brooks, Program Manager, for approval.
If you have questions about obtaining CEU’s please reach out to the program department at firstname.lastname@example.org.